Email cover letter, resume, relevant work sample and three references to: Sara Peel, Watershed Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 10th for consideration. Applications will be accepted until a qualified candidate is identified.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Resource Specialist
SUMMARY: The Resources Specialist will have working knowledge of water resources management and serve as an advocate for the Wabash River and the Wabash River Enhancement Corporation’s (WREC) efforts to improve economic, environmental, and quality of life conditions within the Wabash River Corridor and its watershed. The ideal candidate is passionate about the Wabash River and WREC’s efforts on its behalf. We are looking for an outstanding communicator with excellent writing and speaking skills and an interest in engaging community members and volunteers.
- Promote WREC and partner activities at volunteer events, workshops, county fairs and other education and outreach activities.
- Encourage adoption of urban and agricultural conservation best management practices, assist with the management of the program to implement practices and complete field documentation of installed best management practices.
- Develop, coordinate, and participate in volunteer and educational events, such as site maintenance of installed best management practices, the Wabash Sampling Blitz, the Green Tour, and other events as required.
- Coordinate sponsorship, marketing, and engagement functions for Wabash Riverfest.
- Promote WREC and partner activities and translate our technical efforts to the public via social and traditional media, including updates to existing WREC websites (www.wabashriver.net, www.tippeonow.com, www.WabashRiverfest.com), the WREC blog and monthly WREC e-newsletters as well as writing news releases, updating brochures and materials as needed.
- Assist the Executive Director as needed to plan and implement enhancement of the Wabash River Corridor, including but not limited to, project research, meeting support and education and outreach facilitation.
- Position requires initiative, resourcefulness and experience as a self-starter.
- Working knowledge of water resources management, the Wabash River ecological system specifically and agricultural and urban conservation best management practices and an interest in working with Purdue University students and community residents to design and implement these practices.
- Experience working with and engaging community leaders, volunteers and individuals from diverse backgrounds to plan and facilitate community education and outreach events.
- Excellent organizational and public speaking skills, strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to work with others and manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, ArcGIS, publishing software, database and spreadsheet software.
- Hold valid Indiana State driver’s license and able to provide own transportation.
SALARY AND POSITION DETAILS: The Resource Specialist serves under the WREC Executive Director. This is a part time position averaging up to 25 hours/week and does not include benefits. The position will entail some weekend and evening work commitments. The selected candidate must pass a background check prior to being hired.