Annually, WREC and our partners host a green practices tour highlighting projects your neighbors completed to improve water quality and habitat within the community.
Join us on Wednesday, October 5th for the 2016 green tour! The tour will depart from the Christ United Methodist Church at the intersection of S 18th St and Veternans Memorial (Lafayette) at 6:00 pm. Parking is available for tour participants at Christ United Methodist Church in the far side west of parking lot. Registration for the green tour is requested. Register now using this link!
The tour will include four stops and will conclude by 8:00 pm. Tour stops highlight residential and govenmental installations of urban green practices. WREC, the City of Lafayette and Purdue Unversity Retirees Association welcomes community members to tour these sites, learn about green practices and celebrate the successes of these practices and their positive impact on the Wabash River.
Participants are free to join the tour at any of the stops.
- Christ United Methodist Church's native planting and bioswale (6:00 pm @ S 18th St & Veterans Memorial, Lafayette).
- Duckhorn rain garden and rain barrel - Rain garden and rain barrels at a residence (4515 Duckhorn Lane, Lafayette).
- Spine Worx - Pervious pavement (1849 S Creasy Lane, Lafayette)
- City of Lafayette - bioswale and rain garden (S 9th and Veterans Memorial, Lafayette)
- 8:00 pm return to Christ United Methodist Church native plantings