Annually, WREC and our partners host a green practices tour highlighting projects your neighbors completed to improve water quality and habitat within the community.
Join us on Tuesday, September 2nd for the 2014 green tour! The tour will depart from the Imagination Station parking lot (600 N 4th St, Lafayette) by bus at 5:3o pm. Parking is available for tour participants in the Imagination Station parking lot. Registration for the bus tour is requested. Register now using this link!
The bus tour will include four stops and FREE dinner between 5:30 and 8:00 pm. Tour stops highlight residential installations of urban green practices. WREC and the Tippecanoe SWCD welcomes community members to tour these sites, learn about green practices and celebrate the successes of these practices and their positive impact on the Wabash River.
Participants are free to join the tour at any of the stops.
Guided Bus Tour Stops:
- Imagination Station - Check out the rain garden and rain barrels while you wait to start the tour! (5:30 pm @ 600 N. 4th Street Lafayette)
- Erie Steet bioswales - Bioswales, native plantings and rain barrels at two residences (5:40 p.m. @ 511 Erie Street, Lafayette)
- Greenbush pervious pavers - Pervious pavement driveway, rain barrels and native planting (6:05 p.m. @ 2720 Greenbush Ave, Lafayette)
- University Farms project - Rain garden, pervious paver driveway and rain barrels and DINNER (6:35 p.m. @ 320 Hamilton St, West Lafayette)
- Sugar Hill Lane project - Native planting, rain gardens (7:05 p.m. @ 703 Sugar Hill Lane)
- Imagination Station - 8:00 p.m. return
Generous sponsorship of the 2014 Green Tour is provided by the Purdue Water Community, Tippecanoe Soil and Water Conservation District and Chipotle!